Tuesday, May 13, 2008

What's Really Good With The World Today?



I'm sure by now most of you have heard about the Earth shaking 7.8 magnitude quake that hit central China yesterday. My cousin is in Beijing right now and as soon as I heard what was going on yesterday morning, I emailed my cousin to see if he was ok. He got back to me in a hurry and told me that he was cool. He said that he hardly felt it but his coworkers said that they could feel the building sway.

Furthermore I was watching CNN this morning while eating a bowl of multi-grain Cheerios when they started talking about Cyclone Nargis in Myanmar. I mean, I knew what was going on over there but they started showing pictures of children who passed away because of the disaster. The pictures looked like the children were simply sleeping; sleeping in rivers on their backs like dead fish. The U.N. estimates that 63k-100k people have died because of it. Their military is also giving out rotting food for their people and keeping the good stuff for themselves? They really need our help out there.

My heart goes out to the families and the victims of these natural disasters. I know that it may sound a bit corny, but what hits me the hardest are the kids. They never had a chance. Sorry for putting up such a depressing topic on the blog but I really think that we should try to help the cause. Please consider making a contribution for the causes. Whats a night's worth of going out to the clubs or bars? You can make a big impact by donating that money to a great cause. I urge you guys just to think about it. Thank you and please keep the people of China and Myanmar in your prayers.

6 comments:

DeWitz said...

day before I left Japan, we had a 6.8 earthquake- and my building was sways back and forth like YOU at 3am after Marketplace!!! Crazy to feel something like that, we don;t have anything but dust storms out here... Luckkyyyy

And I would love to donate for causes like that, but I just never know where my money would end up, so that's whats keep me and im sure others from helping out..

kanyon feng said...

definitely in my prayers.

Paul S. Lee said...

Dewitz- I think I feel the same about donating funds to a cause because I don't know where my money is going either. But what I do know is that I somewhat trust the redcross. I'm sure where ever they use the funds, it'll be for a good cause.

Janson said...

You're just trying to take money out of the US economy and put it in other countries. Thanks Paul for killing the US of A.

jk! I'll look into it.

Unknown said...

Paul loves the kids...

Anonymous said...

just donate and don't worry about where your money is going... what if it does go to help the ones in need and you didn't donate because you were worried about where your beer money would go...

no excuses, there are good causes out there in this world and only your our own ideas of bad ones.