Monday, June 30, 2008

Thank you Tink Hatfield.


"You couldn't walk a mile off in my Air Jordans"

Hope everybody had a great weekend. You already know that your boy got in another amazing weekend. Highly unproductive, but highly entertaining. Thanks a lot fellas. Special thanks to Coco! Let's just leave it at that.

The reason I posted a picture of some icey "Air Jordan Vs," is because I saw a dude rockin these joints on the basketball courts the other day. The V's and the XI's were my all time favorite pair of AJ's. I don't know about ya'll, but I feel like shoes these days will never touch any of the retro Jordans or any of the Nikes that we grew up with. What's the deal with that? Sneaker designs will never be the same again?

Nevertheless, here is my tribute to the Nike Air Jordans, the line of shoes that has changed the game for Nike, the NBA and our society. Let's take it from the top!


Nike Air Jordan I (First released in 1985)


Nike Air Jordan II


Nike Air Jordan III


Nike Air Jordan IV (My birthday is coming up people.)


Nike Air Jordan V (A Work of Art)


Nike Air Jordan VI


Nike Air Jordan VII (my auntie got me these from Korea, a couple sizes too big. So I had to wait a couple seasons to rock these).


Nike Air Jordan VIII


Nike Air Jordan IX


Nike Air Jordan X (my mama got me these joints cause i begged her)


Nike Air Jordan XI (All time fav sneaker. I begged my mama, but she denied me, cold blooded)


Nike Air Jordan XII


Nike Air Jordan XIII


Nike Air Jordan XIV


Nike Air Jordan XV (By far the ugliest shoe ever designed)


Nike Air Jordan XVI (Was never really a fan)


Nike Air Jordan XVII (MJ's comeback shoe for the Wizards)


Nike Air Jordan XVIII (A strong candidate for the next ugliest shoe ever)


Nike Air Jordan XIX


Nike Air Jordan XX (Tink's comeback shoe. Decent shoe. Dainty ankle support, no homo).


Nike Air Jordan XXI (inspired by Ronald McDonald, clown shoes)

Nike Air Jordan XXII


Nike Air Jordan XIII (overhyped and overrated).

So which ones were you favorite?

10 comments:

Eric G said...

XI's........ duuuuuuh

kanyon feng said...

III, IV, V, VIII,& XIII's are my favs. supposedly the last production ever of the aj III's dropping with the XX's for the jordan collezione pack in July...IN THE BLACK CEMENT COLORWAY!!! now i've got to scrounge up 350 bucks...

Unknown said...

IV's are my alltime favorite, though I did have the V's in black back in the day. Everybody seems to sleep on the VI's too

Paul S. Lee said...

the IV's and the V's were some back to back heaters. Will we ever see anything like that again? I feel like the Lebron line started off pretty strong, but his latest kicks were merely....eh. The Kobe line is also...eh...in my book.

Joe said...

III, IV, (both in different colorways than you showed though, step yer game up) and the tuxedos XI of course.

Kellen said...

Nobody mentioned Bordeaux 7's???

Paul S. Lee said...

7's were ill. Had the Olympic joints fresh from the hands of the young korean kid who made them.

Kellen said...

7's are ill, but im talkin BORDEAUX 7's. Peep em here.

http://www.kicksonfire.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/02/air-jordan-7-vii-original-og-bordeaux-black-light-graphite-bordeaux-1.jpg

Paul S. Lee said...

Kellen, that color scheme looks real familiar to me. I'm pretty sure I had those and not the Olympic ones. Ok, the Olympic joints didn't have "23" on the back. I had those. no homo.

King James said...

Man first off lebron is the best player rite now! but the best shoe ever is the 7's and the 13's. then here come the 4's; 5's and 9's.